overflex is offering women one scholarship at Ironhack! Whether you’re working in a completely different professional background or not working at all, Coverflex is offering this scholarship as a way to foster diversity, drive innovation, and promote gender equality and equal opportunities.
What is it?
At Coverflex we believe in equal opportunities for everyone. It’s by building an inclusive society that everyone will reach their full potential, regardless of gender. And we know that there have been too many cultural and systemic ways to discourage women from pursuing STEM education and careers.
Enter Coverflex: if we can change one life for the better, if we can make the game a little bit fairer, we’re happy. Because we know that sometimes the smallest initiatives can make profound change. So if you’ve always wanted to work in this area, but didn’t have the money to support that change - we’re here to help, offering 1 person 100% of costs on an Ironhack course.
Women who are in a vulnerable situation in their community or in society in general are especially encouraged to apply (ethnic minorities, refugees, prisoners, LGBTQAI+ community, or any other group that is at risk of social exclusion).
How does it work?
Applications open on August 16th and close on September 15th. If you’d like to apply, please mention in the application process that you wish to apply for Coverflex’s scholarship.
This scholarship is applicable to and only valid for all full-time courses in the fields of Data Analytics, UX/UI Design, and Web Development that start on October 9th (in-person) or on October 16h (in remote regime).
For your application to be considered, you must:
- identify as a woman;
- be at least 18 years old at the time of application (there’s no upper age limit);
- be of Portuguese nationality or a resident in Portugal;
- be fluent in English;
- have completed at least the 9th grade;
- have suitable electronic equipment and internet access (i.e., PC/laptop);
- have a high level of commitment;
- have discipline, dedication and time to invest in your professional development. These are demanding programmes, with 50 hours of training in a combination of self-paced and group activities, guided by an instructor in the week leading up to Bootcamp.
Did we spark your interest? Click here to apply - and remember to mention in the process that you wish to apply for Coverflex’s scholarship. We can’t wait to hear from you!